You probably got interested in reading this article because the title says “5 EASY STEPS”. Or you just wanted to see if I would share something hyped up and far from true. Or maybe you are really planning to become a Virtual Assistant and you consume every article you come across that talks about the industry.
Whatever the reason is, I’m glad you’re here and you’re reading this article because I’m going to share how to become a virtual assistant in five easy steps. This is not a hype or something far from the truth. In fact, I’m going to tell you why it is easy! Let’s begin.
There is no shortcut to become a Virtual Assistant. But if you already have the most basic skills, then becoming one is not going to be as hard as when you have none. To become a Virtual Assistant means to become a professional and, just like any other profession, you really have to invest your time and effort (sometimes even cash) in order to achieve it. Contrary to what others may say, in order to become a Virtual Assistant, you require more than just rely on Google search. Google may contain all the information pertaining to the subject but it does not give you the experience. If it was as easy as searching Google, then everyone who can search in Google, or are tech-savvy, would have already become Virtual Assistants, right? But you see, there are many technically inclined individuals who are not successful in the industry and there are many who knows how to use Google pretty well but they have no idea what virtual assistance is. Besides, there are many false information as well as contradicting articles out on the Internet that may confuse you.
So now that we have that out of the way, let’s talk about the five easy steps to become a virtual assistant.
1. To become a Virtual Assistant without a sweat, the number one step to take is to associate yourself with successful Virtual Assistants. This is not something hard to do. In fact, it is a fun thing to do — you will gain a new friend from whom you can learn the trade and industry without spending a single cent on Virtual Assistant courses. Again, associate yourself with successful Virtual Assistants and not with newbies or those who are not yet successful in their careers — this does not mean you go and ditch your friends because they are newbies or not successful! It only means that if you seriously want to become a Virtual Assistant, you’d carefully choose people to follow and learn from.
2. If the first step to become a virtual assistant is not easy enough, then try this second one: get a pen and paper and write down everything that you know about computers, the Internet, and technology in general. You don’t need to define them. You don’t need to write in sentence forms. Words or phrases are okay. Writing them down makes you see what skills you already have.
3. This third step is related to the second one: with a pen and paper, write down the skills you don’t have that you know are needed for you to become a virtual assistant. Remember, this is an exercise to help you get started so don’t feel sorry about seeing your weaknesses on this list.
4. In the fourth step of how to become a virtual assistant, write the names of people you know who are knowledgeable and skilled in the areas you lack. The purpose of this is so that you can diversify and expand your network of friends plus expand your knowledge and skills through firsthand information rather than rely on Google search. The easiest way to learn something is to ask people who are already working and have experiences in the field. For example, if you have poor English communications skills, get in touch with a friend who teaches English. To become a virtual assistant, you need to use these human resources to your advantage without exploiting them of their time, effort, or money, if you know what I mean.
5. The fifth easy step to become a virtual assistant is to get a trainer. You only do this once you’ve decided you will become a Virtual Assistant. Others will say you don’t need a trainer because you can learn it on your own, but again, we’re talking about the easy ways here. Why is this easy? You don’t have to think about how you’re going to do everything yourself. The trainer will have a program especially made for you. The trainer will tell you the pros and cons as well as tips to become a virtual assistant. You will learn the pitfalls to avoid and the skills to hone. Not all trainers, though, will have the right background, knowledge, experience, attitude, credentials, mindset, and program to help you. So it is important to know these first before signing up.
If you have easy ways you can share on how to become a virtual assistant, feel free to share them in the comments for everyone’s benefit. If you have questions about any point I’ve mentioned in this article, drop them in the comments and I’ll get back to you.